Thank you to Susan from Watch Hatch Fly (http://watchhatchfly.com) and also Lauzan from The Veggy Side of Me (http://theveggysideofme.wordpress.com) for nominating for for a Liebster award! I really appreciate the nomination because the Liebster award is for newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. I think a lot of us on here on WordPress blog because we are passionate about something, are creative, or simply enjoy writing. It can also be really difficult to get yourself out there because there are millions of bloggers now around the world with how much people have access to technology. So, as someone who loves to write, be creative, and is also passionate about the things I blog about I certainly love it when people enjoy my work. I can’t always blog as much as I’d like because I go to school and I work, but I definitely love to whenever I can. I also really enjoy reading other people’s blogs and learning new things and even just appreciating art. Both Susan and Lauzan have amazing blogs that include great vegan and vegetarian recipes. I also really enjoy Susan’s humor!
So the Liebster Award rules are as follows:
- Nominees must link back the person who nominated.
- Answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who also have fewer than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees about their nomination (Say that 10 times really fast! Actually it’s not that bad…)
So here are my questions from Susan:
1. Outside of your family members, who is your biggest inspiration and why?
I always find this question really difficult because no one immediately comes to mind other than my parents. Other than that people who really inspire me are those who do what seems impossible.
2. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
I am one of those people who do not remember much from their childhood. I had a difficult and traumatic upbringing and so I don’t like to remember that time very much. I really can’t remember any children’s books but I do remember that I loved anything paranormal and loved the Goosebump series.
3. Where do you go for peace and quiet?
I’m a major homebody and love to just be at home listening to music, otherwise I feel most peaceful when I am outdoors and with nature.
4. What is your favorite dinner?
My favorite dinner would have to be my mums Persian cooking. Without my mums cooking I could eat Japanese food any time, especially sushi and sashimi.
5. Name your guilty pleasure.
My guilty pleasure is probably a toss up between the compulsion to look at pretty shoes, or to eat freshly baked bread. It is a running joke between my husband and I that I could be caught looking at shoes at any given time. In fact if you watch The IT Crowd there is this one episode where the main girl Jan is interrupted as she’s in her own world thinking about a pair of red heels and just randomly blurts out, “Shoes.” So anytime my husband asks me what I’m doing I just simply say, “Shoes.”
6. What’s more fun for you, a big party or a few friends at dinner?
I’m definitely not a party person so I would say a few friends at dinner. I love connecting with people and having good conversations.
7. Love running or hate running?
I don’t love or hate running. I would actually like to be someone who does in fact run, but I’m more of a hiker. I have bad knees, can that be my excuse?
8. What is a cause that is important to you?
Since getting a dog last year which was the first pet I’ve ever had in my life I have noticed that I am very sensitive to animal rights. I cannot take seeing animals mistreated, especially dogs. Animals don’t have a voice and so I can’t take it when I see people mistreat their pets, or animals in general.
9. If you could make a living out of doing something you already love to do, what would it be?
I have a lot of things I’d love to do that all center on creative work. I would love to write articles but not books. I would love to be a photographer, especially to photograph people. I love interior design and set design. I’m always redecorating the brand layouts in my store and the product always seems to sell better when I do.
10. OMG! Did you see the movie “Gravity” yet? And if not, why?
I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I didn’t even know what Gravity was and had to Google it. I don’t have cable anymore and I rarely go to the cinema. I am pretty out of touch with society these days! It sounds like a very interesting concept though!
Here are my questions from Lauzan:
1. What is your guilty pleasure?
The shoes and the bread.
2. Someone you really cannot stand and why.
I can’t stand ignorant or closed minded people who form opinions based on stereotypes. I can’t stand it because I can’t tolerant ignorance.
3. What is the first memory you have from your childhood?
Probably being in hospital for a chronic medical condition I had. I hate hospitals…
4. Your favorite b/w movie.
As a horror movie fan I’d have to say House on Haunted Hill or The Masque of the Red Death.
5. Who inspires you?
My parents because of what they went through and how hard they have worked to be successful. My mum has been a strong role model for me as a woman because she was a single mother. My dad has also taught me the value of hard work and persistence.
6. If you could meet someone from the past who would he/she be?
It’s pretty cliche but I’d love to meet Einstein and get to talk to him.
7. What is your favorite food?
Sushi for sure.
8. What is your favorite city?
I have a lot of favorite cities because they are my favorite place. My name actually translates into “Girl of the city”. But my favorites would have to be New York, Sydney and my home city, Brisbane in Australia.
9. The last book you bought.
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. Unless the Ghost World comic counts…
10. Sea or snow?
I love both but i’m definitely a winter person, so I’d go with snow.
11. Do you believe in ghosts?
With all the paranormal shows I watch you would think so but I’m still not convinced. Every time I watch Paranormal Witness on SyFy I just find the stories hard to believe. Ironically I am still scared of the dark a lot of the time….
My nominations in random order:
Katie Foley from http://katiefoley11.wordpress.com
Afracooking from http://afracooking.wordpress.com
Betty Livin from http://bettylivin.com
ESSEFIT from http://essefit.com
Mydiabetesandme from http://mydiabetesandme.wordpress.com
DaPonte Photography from http://dapontephotography.wordpress.com
Vodka & Cupcakes from http://vodkaandcupcakes.com
Home Creations Everyday from http://homecreationseveryday.wordpress.com/diy-projects/
Shred For Less from http://shredforless.wordpress.com/about/
I am a Twenty Something from http://katepullen.wordpress.com/about/
My 10 Questions for my nominees:
- Do you collect anything?
- Is there a song that can make you cry just by listening to it?
- What would you do if you won $10,ooo?
- Who is your favorite person in your life?
- Describe 3 of your favorite photographs.
- What is the most sentimental thing you own that you could never be without?
- What is one talent/skill you wish you had?
- If you could relive one moment in your life what would it be?
- What is the bravest/boldest thing you’ve done in your life?
- What makes you feel most nostalgic about your childhood or past?